Perhaps your challenge isn’t finding a better project or a better boss. Perhaps you need to get in touch with what it means to feel passionate. People with passion look for ways to make things happen.
― Seth Godin, Linchpin
Perhaps the single, most exciting change in our world in the last 15 years has been the rise of the online entrepreneur. The bar to entry for new entrepreneurs has never been lower, which has resulted in an explosion of all sorts of newly designed businesses and offers.
For many people like you and me, an unexpected business has sprouted from the ability to share one’s experience and knowledge with others through the internet. This has resulted in coaches offering everything from dating advice (eh-hem) to how to change a tire, to improving your tennis stroke to energy healing.
This is where Jon Block comes into the picture.
Never before has it been so easy to touch other people’s lives and spread the positive impact you are uniquely suited to make in the world. And Jon wants to help you do exactly that, by finding, using, and confidently speaking your true, authentic voice.
It wasn’t always like this though. Thinking that he had his found and settled his own calling to make films when he was just a child, Jon found his post-film school career floundering, living in LA and then NYC as a struggling screenwriter. After a few too many days sitting behind the computer, by himself, cranking out another story without much success, Jon had an insight:
Had he chosen this path as a means to hide his true self behind a computer screen? Why was he so unfulfilled with this seemingly exciting career he had always wanted?
The word and inspiration that came to him was: “impact”, and his urgent need to create it, help others, serve the world.
Thus began a new journey toward exploring this calling to make the greatest impact possible on others, and thus into entrepreneurship. After a number of years now in business for himself as a coach, Jon is recognized as one of the leaders in crafting an authentic, impactful message, and delivering that message confidently from the stage.
In this interview, learn how Jon:
- Became “that guy” at networking events that you wanted to avoid, and how he is now paid 5 figures to speak around the world
- Invested deliberately in his personal development through carefully selected seminars and workshops, and the tremendous impact this path of self-improvement had on him
- Gave up the old (and tired) marketing paradigms of urgency and manipulation, proceeding through a new pathway of authenticity
- Begins each morning with a well-crafted ritual that fuels his workday and personal life, setting him up for success and productivity
- How he helps you identify a niche, which always closely corresponds to your calling, or purpose in life — creating both a successful business and a passionate work experience
And so much more. Our hope for this podcast is twofold: that it inspires you to recognize what you may uniquely offer the world and consider starting your own business to do so, and to help you look beyond the current box of your life for what more expansive vision for yourself lies beyond, as Jon has done.
If he – and we – can do it… so can you.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Selected Links from this Episode
- Jon’s free “Speaker Venture” gift (as mentioned in the episode)
- Jon’s fresh take on authenticity and marketing
- Jon on Facebook
- Jon on Twitter
- How To Win Friends & Influence People (Dale Carnegie)
- The Power Of Now (Eckhart Tolle)
- The Soul Of Money (Lynne Twist)